1 message

Discussion : Unstable vanilla server, inconsistent connection issues
18/11/2019 9:51:48
Hello! I'm having some odd issues with my vanilla server, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what's going on.
The short version is that some players (but not everyone) who join the server experience a variety of network-related issues, ranging from regular crashes when in certain chunks, to a total inability to load the map and stay on the server for more than 10 seconds. In every case, it's only my server that gives them trouble.
Long version: the server was originally a local LAN map, created by my brother about 4 months ago, and we just recently uploaded it to a CubedHost server so we could play together online. His base is a massive, heavily-extended village. He must have thousands of entities, mainly composing of villagers and animals. He and his GF, who play on the server regularly, gets some lag when this chunk is loaded, but nothing too severe or unplayable. However, whenever I go near this chunk, I regularly get disconnected with error messages like "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Badly compressed packet - size of [number] is below server threshold of [number]", or "System.OverflowException: VarInt too big". The average is probably one disconnect every 30 seconds or so.
Discussion : Unstable vanilla server, inconsistent connection issues