1 message

Discussion : Hosted TeamSpeak Server has high ping but server itself has a low ping
21/04/2020 10:08:57  (edited: 24/04/2020 8:05:19)
Hello to all of you.
Thank you for reading. I really hope someone can help me.
I own a very small virtual server.
Since it is a virtual server, the specs are not clear. But it guaranteed to have 8GB and 4 CPU cors.
Now to my problem. I had a TeamSpeak server running for private use on that server. For a couple of days now the TeamSpeak server spikes to high ping for all users quite frequently. The problem is the virtual server is not having a high ping when I test it. I don't run any other program on the server right now.
When I ping the Server via PowerShell I got ~23 ms which is normal with my connection. But when I am on my TeamSpeak Server at the same time, the server displays over 100ms and I barely can hear anyone. https://100001.onl/
I testes how much traffic is generated by teamspeak on the server. And it shows something around 20kbit/s sometimes. But generally its very low and 20kbits aren't high ether. So I really don't get where the high ping is coming from.
Discussion : Hosted TeamSpeak Server has high ping but server itself has a low ping